Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Settling in... One day at a time...

This Thursday will be one month that we have lived in Texas. Today, it feels like we've been here a lot longer thsn that. We are settling in. We still have boxes to unpack, pictures to hang, a house to clean. We went back to Louisiana this past weekend, hoping to finish up cleaning out the house there & get it ready to go on the market. I thought we'd hold onto that house, just in case things didn't work out here & we needed to move back. But after being over here in Texas, I'm realizing I don't ever want to go back! I love the people, the neighborhood & our house. I really don't ever want to see the Louisiana house again. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I went through my darkest & ugliest depression season as an adult in that house. I never want to live there again. My mother in law blessed us while we were there by offering to do a few repairs & some minor updating to get the house ready to sell. She's hoping to get it listed for sale within the next two weeks. I hope so, too. The faster we can get that house off of our backs, the simpler life will be!

1 comment:

happyhome said...

Praying this move is a wonderful new chapter in your life. Moving on after depression is a great opportunity for the LORD to grow us in new ways. Yeah for fresh starts!