Monday, January 21, 2013

Encouraged...

Our family has been under some crazy spiritual attack so far this year and I have been feeling some major discouragement.  Not full blown depression, as I have faced many times before, but this heavy feeling of defeat and despair.  Thanks to a sweet friend, I was reminded this morning that we should be encouraged by attacks from the devil.  If God didn't have a great plan for our lives, we would not be a threat to the devil and we would not be facing these attacks.  Thanks to her encouragement this morning, I feel peace and know that we are going to be okay.  So, starting this morning, I am choosing joy.  The devil is not going to pull me into his trap of defeat and despair.  Christ in me is so much more powerful than the devil.  Now I have My God is Greater on repeat in my head.  What a great song to dwell on this morning.  If my God is for us, who can ever stop us...

So, be encouraged.  No matter what you are going through or what you are facing, God has gone before you.  Your trials did not surprise Him.  There is a reason for your pain and He will use your pain for His purpose.  

No comments: