Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My favorite holiday...

I am so ready for Thanksgiving to get here! I have my turkey and am so ready for Ernie to cook it! We found a 22 pounder! Do you think that'll be big enough? I am still trying to plan the side dishes. Stacie offered to bring dressing, praise the Lord! That is one thing that I do not know how to make! I have an issue with entertaining when we are having food. I tend to cook way too many things. I think it stems from when I was a child/teenager and went to my grandparents house for holidays. I was such a picky eater. I usually had a few pieces of turkey, maybe a spoonful of english peas and a roll. Then I would eat tons of dessert. I don't think I tried dressing at all until a couple of years ago. I need to make a definite menu and stop thinking of other things to add to it or we'll be running to the store Sunday afternoon, which I do not want!

As of right now, I think the plan is to have turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash(possibly), dressing, mac and cheese(Amy, is that what you're bringing? Ernie thought that was what you said), pork loin stuffed with sausage, potato salad, purple hull peas, green beans(maybe), deviled eggs and rolls.

For dessert, I think the plan is cheesecake, pecan pie, chocolate pie, chocolate chip cookies and ooey gooey pumpkin cake.

Do you think we believe in eating around here? What's going to be on your Thanksgiving table? I am so looking forward to spending Sunday afternoon with good company!

5 comments:

Tiffani said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I always LOVE meeting up with new people. I see that you're new to homeschooling?? Are you enjoying it?? We've been homeschooling 4 years and love it!

Okay, so are you as addicted to the Twilight Saga as I am???? Please say you are :) New Moon was the slowest for me (although it was still great!)...I am about to start the fourth...I'm on pins and needles!!

You should DEFINITELY read the Mark of Lion series the first one is called "A Voice in the Wind"...

Your Thanksgiving menu sounds WONDERFUL!! We too, have a HUGE family and enough food to eat until Christmas!! My favorites are broccoli casserole, sweet potato souffle and DESSERTS!!

Hope to talk to you more!!!

Jenny said...

Wow, wow and more wow! That's a lot of food! It all sounds absolutely delicious, though. I'm sure this goes without saying, but I hope you enjoy every bite and second with your family.

edie said...

Yuuummmm! It all sounds wonderful. And thanks so much for 'introducing' yourself. I love new blog friends. Especially ones who homeschool. This is my first year too and it's been so wonderful. (The kids and I are easily distracted this time of year though).

I see your 'Tiffani" mentioned Twilight. I just finished the 2nd one. Can't wait to see the movie.

Hope you have a wonderful week and thanksgiving feast. What curriculum do you use? I'll snoop around your blog too....maybe you mention it there!

Unknown said...

YEP! That's what I'm making...home made...and I might make something extra :) Thanks so much for inviting us. I can't wait to spend time with family and friends. See you tonight or Sunday!

Shannon said...

Holy cow that's a lot of food!!!! when is dinner being served? ;-)