Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fun Lessons!




I learned that I can survive Ernie and Michael going to a computer thing from 2PM-11PM Friday and 8AM-11PM Saturday without losing my mind. I so look forward to the weekends and having some help with this sweet, very active baby girl. I didn't have it this past weekend. I survived!

I learned that I'm not shielding my real self from others the way I thought I was to keep myself from getting hurt. I am finding myself opening up and trusting after swearing I would not do that again after having who I am attacked by the person I thought was my closest girlfriend. I was reminded this week that some people are only in your life for a season.

I learned that I am still having major issues saying no when someone invites me to something or asks me to do something. I thought I had learned to put myself first, but obviously I have not, yet.

I learned that I have absolutely no self control when Girl Scout cookies are around!

I learned that Annalee enjoys helping sort and get her cookies ready for delivery.

I learned that I cannot drink coke all weekend because I was stressed and eat Girl Scout cookies and expect to see the numbers go down or even stay the same on the scale. I was up 4 pounds this morning!!! NOT a good way to start my day! I burned 1200 calories at the gym this evening, though. Hopefully that'll be a start to getting them off!

Those were my biggies for the week. For more things learned this week, check out Musings of a Housewife.

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Ahhh, girl scout cookies. My nemesis. :-) And I totally get you on letting people in and just getting hurt. I will NEVER learn how to keep toxic people at arm's length, I think. It's a never ending battle.

Thanks for sharing and linking in!

Michele said...

I enjoyed reading what you've learned this week. Yes, I've learned that lesson also . . . some people are only in your life for a season. That one was a tough lesson learned for me. Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Windy said...

Yummy! Girl Scout Cookies! You don't even want to know how many I've had:)

The Buntens said...

Love those GS cookies.

Saying no is difficult for me, too. A good lesson to learn, though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, those GS cookies are killer! Can't keep my hands off of them. Just trying to visit all of the other WILTW bloggers from this week. All the best to you in your homeschooling efforts. We used to do that when the kids were younger...precious times, really.