Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I fell off of the blogging wagon, again...

I am here, once again, trying to revive my blog. I never know whether to try to start again or just start a completely new blog. I am trying to commit to writing some every day during the month of November. I love to write, but I tend to not prioritize things that I enjoy doing. I get busy with the kids and life in general and do not take time for me. I have felt like self-care is selfish for a long time. I think I have finally realized that if I do not put my oxygen mask on first and take care of me, that I cannot be the best version of me. Another goal I have for November is to work at being the best version of me. I plan on getting up early every morning and writing. I plan on going back to counting macros and exercising at least 4 days a week. I have been letting myself go and I need to take care of me and model what self-care is to my girls. I need to stop numbing my feelings with food and sit with the feelings and let myself feel them. I am planning on starting family fun Fridays and eat a meal at the table together and watch a movie. I am going to be more intentional about creating the canvas of my life, instead of looking off to the side distracted, while I am painting. I want our family to be one of present, active, intentional parents and not parents that are sitting on the sidelines, hurting and broken and using electronics or books to numb pain. I want all of us to be in the canvas, intentionally doing life together. I am starting today with being more self aware and stopping the mindless waste of time on things that do not matter in the big picture. I do not want to regret the missed years of my children's childhood. I have wasted enough time mindlessly. It is time to put me and my family first.

No comments: