Monday, January 23, 2012

My Bella girl is 4!

I will never forget the day I found out I was pregnant with Bella. After a miscarriage and then being told I had PCOS then over a year of trying to get pregnant, we were ecstatic to find out we were finally expecting again! After labwork to find out how the pregnancy was progressing, we found out my HCG wasn't as high as it should have been. And it wasn't rising as quickly as it should have. My progesterone was also dangerously low. They started me on progesterone asap, but told me that there was no way to know if the baby would make it. It didn't look good. She hung on, though! I was a wreck and did not allow myself to become very excited about the pregnancy because I was so worried that I was going to lose her. Around week 11 my blood pressure started climbing and I had to be put on blood pressure meds. Around week 20 or so, I had to find a different OB, because mine went into an addiction treatment facility. My new doctor immediately reduced my work hours and told me to get more rest. Later in the pregnancy, he put me on modified bed rest and took me out of work completely, because of my blood pressure. He induced me at 38 weeks and I was in shock when they placed Bella on my chest. The entire pregnancy, I prepared myself for losing her. When she made it, I was shocked! God is so good! She turned 4 yesterday and has been such a light in our lives! She makes us laugh all the time. We are so blessed to have her in our lives! 1000 Gifts: 11. A wonderful birthday party for Bella filled with family and friends. 12. A safe trip to and from Louisiana. 13. Being able to visit with my brother. 14. Time visiting with Mamaw Shirley. 15. Irish stew in the crock pot when we got to Mamaw's house. 16. A warm bed at her house for the weekend. 17. Spending time with some friends I haven't seen since we moved. 18. Hugs from friends. 19. The smile on Bella's face when she saw her friends. 20. Friends praying for me on our trip.

No comments: