Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Days 5-15 of The Gratitude Project

So, I really stink at updating my blog daily or even weekly. I try! But even though my intentions are good, it just doesn't happen.

So, days 5-15. 10 things or people I am grateful for. Yes, I ended that sentence in a preposition.

Alrighty, number 5 is my Daddy. He was a wonderful man that taught me to always look for the good in people. He taught me to not judge people. He taught me that spending time with your loved ones playing and just enjoying them is something you should do. He always, always, always put me first. He showed me unconditional love. I lost him when I was 13, but I am forever grateful that I had those years with him.

Number 6 is Ernie's Dad. He was my 2nd Daddy. He loved his family more than almost anyone I've ever known. His wife, kids and grandkids were his life. He accepted me and loved me like I was his daughter, not a daughter in law. We lost him last year, but he will forever live in our hearts.

Number 7 is Ernie's grandmother. That woman taught me so much about life. We lost her last year and I would give anything to have her back, just for one more hug. She was amazing.

Number 8 is my grandparents. I was blessed to have great grandparents. They are no longer with me, but they loved me and prayed for me and my brother and cousins.

Number 9 is my church. We made a move this year and started going to another church. I loved our old church when we left, but felt like God was telling us it was no longer where He wanted us. We have found a place that we believe is right where He wants us. Feeling at home every time we step in those doors is such a great thing.

Number 10 is our Pastor. Having a Pastor I respect is such a good thing. Knowing that every message is going to be one that God uses to speak to me in some area of my life is something I am definitely thankful for.

The 11th thing or person in which I am thankful is our worship band. They are so talented and giving of their time and talents to make sure that every worship experience is a great one. I love anticipating feeling the Holy Spirit every single worship service.

Number 12 is our wonderful kids ministry team. I love knowing that my kids are having a great time in kids church every week. I love knowing they are making friends and that they are going to ask to be involved with these kids outside of church. I love that these people truly want to be involved with the kids and aren't just doing it to keep the kids out of the church service. It is a huge blessing to many parents and for that I am truly grateful.

Number 13 are our youth pastors. They are so very involved in our preteen and all of the other preteens and teens in our church. They are great influences for them. They take extra time, not just once a week, but many other times of the month to invest in these kids lives. It is so wonderful to see. God is really moving and changing lives.

Number 14 is hot tea. This weather change we're having down here in the south has my throat hurting and hot tea has been such a blessing this week. I love my ginger peach tea.

Number 15 is rain. We have not had much rain at all lately, at least not until the past week or two. I am really enjoying the dreariness of it right now, since I can stay home and not be out in it. I've really enjoyed listening to it tonight.

For these things I am truly grateful. Each and every one of them are gifts from my Father, who loves to give gifts to those who love Him.

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Loving this thankful project. I think I'll do that next year. You are blessed to have so many wonderful people in your life. :-)

Nicole said...

You crack me up! I love the idea of just putting all 10 things into 1 post. All are wonderful things to be grateful for!