Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Graditude Project Day 4!

Today I am grateful for my Mom. She is such a wonderful, good hearted person. She would give the shirt off of her back to someone, if she knew they needed it. We have not always had the best relationship, but I believe that sometimes we need rocky patches to make us appreciate someone more. She was a single mom for about 6-7 years of my life. Now that I am a mom, I cannot imagine how hard that must have been. I am so grateful that in spite of it all, she put my brother and me above her needs and made sure we were always cared for. I do not know of a single time in my life that my needs failed to be met. She is always looking for ways to help other people. She is such a great person. Being raised by such a wonderful person has helped mold me into the person I am today. I am thankful my Father chose to give me to my mother to raise here on earth. I am thankful for the family He placed me in. I am thankful for the wonderful grandmother my Mom is to my kids.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

You are so lucky to have her and to have been brought up by such a wonderful mom!!! I miss mine...I always will!