Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 16

I'm blogging two days in a row! Can you believe it?! On day 16, the night before we go to our homeschool co-op for the last day of the fall semester, I am so very grateful for a group of homeschool families that get together once a week for some classes. When we seriously started considering homeschooling, I knew that I needed to meet and be around other homeschoolers. I knew that if I was going to be successful homeschooling our children, I needed to know some people that are going through the same things in life. I found a local homeschool group and they have been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I am extremely thankful for them. I am thankful that we have the opportunity to meet once a week for 10 weeks in the fall and 10 weeks in the spring. I am thankful that we are surrounded by such loving, amazing people. People that I probably would have never met if we weren't on this homeschooling journey together. These are people I laugh with, cry with, pray with and enjoy this thing called life together. To have people that when I say "I am going to pull my hair out! or I don't know why I am doing this homeschooling thing." and for them to truly understand what I am saying is definitely something I am very grateful to have. I love it when I can post on facebook "What am I thinking homeschooling two children with a toddler and newborn?" and have almost an immediate response from someone who has literally been there and knows exactly what I'm feeling. These people are gifts. Each and every one of them. I cannot express how thankful I am for them and for the relationships our kids have formed with the kids in our group. All I can think is that my Father must really love me to put these people into our life.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Amen to that!!! We have the best homeschool group ever!!!!

Nicole said...

I am so thankful for YOUR friendship! It IS so amazingly wonderful to have someone, or many someone's, who you can turn to for help and encouragement. I, too, have no idea where I would be without some of these great family friendships God has seen fit to bless us with!