Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A new season



There is something about this time of year. It feels like it is a time for new beginnings. A time to close doors to things that are no longer working for me and my family. One of the things that is no longer working for us is our eating and lack of exercise. I am not teaching my kids healthy eating habits the way I tend to eat for comfort. I read an interesting thing tonight. It said that if a person feels empty inside they will usually turn to food, alcohol or drugs(some kind of addictive behavior) to forget about how empty they feel. It is hard to be real and admit that I do feel empty inside at times. I need to find healthy habits to replace the unhealthy habits. So, starting right now I am going to try to pay attention to the mindless eating I do. We are also going to add exercise to our daily routine. It will be good for all of us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Jessie!
I love reading your blog, I feel connected to ya'll's day to day life :) This is awesome what your doing, And I'm proud of you! You can do it, I know you have the will power and self control!
We will do it as one big family, Since Dad, Mom, Hannah & I have started dieting and working out!

Love you guys,
Bekah

Unknown said...

Good for ya'll! I read pastors blog about the whole family hitting the gym. I think it's great they are doing that as a family. I do try to cook heathly things for the kids. We don't eat out at McDonalds a lot or other fast foods. My problems is getting out of my comfort zone and doing something I don't like to do....EXERCISE! Anywho....You can do anything that you put your mind too! Love you guys!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Bekah,

We can cheer each other on! :) You can't have too much support. We love y'all!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Amy,

We do eat fast food way too often! I know it's terrible for our bodies. I need to cut it out! The kids do eat very well. They asked for a strawberry/banana smoothie after walking today. I do love to exercise, because I love the way I feel afterwards. It's getting there that is a struggle for me. Once I'm there, I'm fine. Love y'all, too!