Friday, January 3, 2014

Going to a Wedding....

Going to a Wedding…. 
          
When Ernie and I started dating, my half-sister was two years old.  I could not fathom her dating one day, much less getting married.  This afternoon, she married her high school sweetheart.  I can still remember pushing her on the swingset in the yard.  Watching her dance recitals, listening to her yell and argue with her Dad.  Never have I seen a child so strong willed and stubborn.  I love this beautiful young lady fiercely, though.  I am so thankful that she found this amazing man, Destin, to share her life with.  I cannot imagine the two of them apart. 

This is a guy that has such a strong relationship with the Lord.  He is such a great influence for Johnye and I am so thankful for that.  I am so thankful to see her in church and serving in church.  I am so thankful that she married her best friend. 








She chose a lodge, on a lake, in the country for the wedding and reception.  She chose to get married outdoors, in January, even though it was 40 something degrees.  She chose a sleeveless dress that was absolutely gorgeous and so classy.  It fit her personality to a T.  I thought maybe she would wear a shawl or a jacket or sweater, but not my sister.  She wanted that dress showing and she wore it and acted like she was not cold at all. 

She cried coming down the stairs with her Dad.  Destin was crying, watching her come down the stairs.  I think they cried through most of the ceremony.  It was so sweet and so beautiful to see the love they have for each other.  I don’t think there were many females at the wedding with dry eyes.  The preacher did an absolutely phenomenal message on Ephesians and what love really means.  And how our actions show how we love Christ and each other.  I don’t know how many of the guests needed that message, but it was really beautiful. 

Inside for the reception, the decorations were simple.  Burlap, cotton, sticks in vases, candles and a few flowers were all that decorated the inside of the lodge.  There was a hot chocolate and coffee bar, that was definitely a hit, after coming back inside from the cold.  There was a wonderful meal of bacon wrapped chicken tenderloins, green beans, corn, salad and rolls.  The food was delicious.  I think the favorite of the night for the kids, was the smores bar!  They had all of the fixings and they could make their own smores.  I lost count of how many one of my children had.  They did not have room for cake after filling up on smores! 






All in all, it was a great afternoon and evening of spending time with family and friends.  Seeing my sister glowing and watching Destin remove all of the toilet paper from around his car before they left, was absolutely an unforgettable time.  I am praying that their lives are filled with many years of happiness and many babies!   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely bride! Lovely wedding!