Friday, August 29, 2008

The Golden Rule

Have people forgotten what this is? Is it so hard to try to live by it? The key word is try. I am far from perfect, but I do try to live by the golden rule. I try to think things through before saying them. I do slip up at times and say hurtful things, but I do try. It is a struggle some days to make myself talk to people that are so critical and quick to judge others. It is hard when you love them so much and long to have a close relationship with them. It is hard when you feel like you have to keep walls around your heart and halfway listen to conversations with them because you are almost certain that you will leave that conversation feeling down, criticized, not good enough, never worthy of approval, a failure. I have to remind myself that we are all human. If this human cannot give me the unconditional love and support and approval that I have cried out for my entire life, God will. God will heal all of the hurt and pain. He will heal all of the disappointment, if only I ask.

No comments: