Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Plumbing stinks! Literally!

We had to have a plumber come out after hours this evening. Our toilets were trying to overflow and dirty water was coming out of the bathtub drain. Can you say disgusting?! I was just a little freaked at the thought of the plumber coming to our house. The last time we had him out, we had to dish out $98 for a simple 15 minute snake job! Luckily I had the co-op orientation tonight to get my mind off of things. I think if I had been home I would have felt my blood pressure rising by the minute! He was here for two hours and could not fix the problem. The poor man(poor is a relative term, he has more money in his pocket than I do now), could not find the problem. So, we are stuck without toilets and a bath tonight. Thank goodness we took a bath earlier today! So, he walked away with my check and we have nothing to show for it. The bad news is that they may or may not be able to get back out here tomorrow to fix what he thinks might be the problem. He thinks there is a broken sewer line. Ernie is going to try to wade around near the drainage area tomorrow and dig to see if he can find the broken line. Hopefully it will be close and easy to fix and we won't need to be at the plumber's mercy again. Everyone has to have toilets and baths! We are just putty in his hands at this time, if we need his services again.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Plumbing problems are the WORST! Nothing else is right when the plumbing is messed up! I really hope it was easy to fix....that you have it fixed!!