We rang in the New Year in a friends garage with about 8 kids setting off some little handheld confetti popping things. We were surrounded by some of our favorite people and could not have asked for a better beginning of what I believe is going to be a marvelous year! 2008 was a year of many hard lessons. I have heard the comment "when God closes one door, he opens a window(or a door)" many times in my life, but this past year He closed one door and flung many doors wide open for me. He showed me that I did not need to lean on a person for understanding and wisdom, I needed to be coming to him. I learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I am working on forgiveness.
I do have resolutions for this year because I love to make them and try to stick to them. I have failed, but the optimist in me loves to keep trying! Here they are in no particular order.
1. To make time daily to read the Bible and pray more than when my head hits the pillow at night.
2. To read through the Bible in one year.
3. To fast with our church in a couple of weeks. I need to decide what to give up. It needs to be cokes, if I'm going to give up the one thing that my body believes it must have every single day.
4. To be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend.
5. To cook healthier for all of us. I want to make sure we get 5+ fruits and veggies every day.
6. To drink 100oz of water/day.
7. To go to the gym at least 4 days/week.
8. To lose 50lbs.
9. To limit our eating out to once a week. I am horrible about eating out. After being home all day, I want to see other people, even if it's just strangers in a restaurant.
10. To have a family game night at least one night per week.
11. To be more intentional with PE, 5 days a week.
12. To set a better example for the kids about nutrition and exercise.
13. To declutter and organize the house.
14. To get more involved with our church.
15. To give up coke completely. It is an emotional crutch for me. I am stronger than a can of coke.
I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009!