Monday, January 5, 2009

My word for 2009 is...

Persevere. One of the hard lessons I have learned about myself this past year is that I do not like to persevere. When things get tough or stressful, I want to put my head in the sand and totally ignore everything. Whether that be a friendship that is rocky because there are many differences or a family situation that is not the smoothest, I have always thought that it was easier to ignore the problems or differences.

Because I chose not to persevere, I failed to finish college. I failed to lose all of this extra weight 6 years ago on WW. I failed to lose much weight the 4 or 5 other times I've joined WW. I failed to give up coke the many times I have tried, because it got tough.

Starting today I will persevere. I will beat this. I am thankful that the thing I am addicted to is not worse than coke. I will persevere by replacing bad habits with good ones. I will make it one day at a time. With the wonderful group of supportive friends and family I have, I will live up to my potential instead of hiding from my potential.

I have almost 3 days of no coke behind me. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!(Picture Ric Flair saying that!) I felt amazing today. I made it to the gym for a great workout this morning and did not have the horrible mid afternoon slump I usually have. I stayed on program within my point range! If I can do it one day, I can do it everyday!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Hang in there! I have been thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! No coke! Keep up the good work!

Jeannie :)

The Buntens said...

Great word! Mine is Aware.

Good job on the Coke. I have been trying to cut down on coffee. Very hard.