Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Perfect start to the morning!

I got up early and went to the gym at 5:30 this morning! Not being a morning person AT ALL, I am pretty pleased with myself! It is a little harder than I expected to make this extra time to do something for myself while doing school with the kids. I thought the perfect solution was to go to the gym in the evenings, but the kids really disliked the evening worker in the nursery. So, I'm trying first thing in the morning. I enjoyed getting my workout done and out of the way. I was up before the kids and actually cooked breakfast! Instead of grits or waffles, they got eggs and turkey bacon. Supper(salsa chicken) is in the crockpot. Clothes are washing. Annalee is working on some presidential facts to earn the inaugeration patch for girl scouts. Michael is doing his daily reading. Bella is playing. It has been a perfect morning! Next week we will start our 2nd semester of co-op with the homeschool group. I am very excited about the kids being in classes again. The break has been very nice, but I think it was a little too long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those productive days? My level of productivity is often the marker of whether my day is good or bad.

Your morning sounds perfect indeed!

Unknown said...

Girl I am so proud of you! I am SO not the morning person either, so I know where you come from. God will make things easier for you, just keep being faithful. I've been going to the gym for two weeks now. It really does make you feel better and REST better I believe. We are on our way! Keep it up!!

Love ya!

Sherri said...

I am so proud of you! I can't believe that you have made it too long without a coke! Are you going to eventually let yourself have one now and then, or will that cause you to want more?
You had an amazing day! I love having supper in the crockpot...will do barbeque chicken tonight!
I hope today goes as well as yesterday!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Okay, you completely lost me when you used the words "5:30 AM" and "gym" in the same sentence. You need to be committed, but I still like you anyway. ;>)

In all seriousness-- Way To Go!!!

Tiffani said...

WOW!! Way to go girl!! I LOVE days like that!!

AND, dinner in the crockpot! You deserve a medal!

Kristen said...

You won! Come visit me and send me your email address!

Michele said...

I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. If you need a little extra motivation . . . did you know that when you work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach that is when you burn the MOST calories?!?!?! You are doing great with not having a coke too. Way to go! Giving up coffee would be very, very hard for me, so I am extra proud of you for giving up your weakness!